How do you take your coffee? With an awesome coffee station right in your home, you may never feel the desire to enter a Starbucks again. Whether your coffee machine is single-serve or drip, French press, percolator, cappuccino or espresso, or even if you prefer – gasp! – instant, you can make your daily cup o’ Joe (or three) special by carving out space for a full-fledged coffee station with all your coffee needs.
Your coffee station can be in a dedicated cabinet or niche, a standalone piece, or even a built-in area:
Wherever you put it and whatever its size, be sure to include all coffee supplies in your station (otherwise, what’s the point?). Organize everything in drawers, bins, caddies, dishes, jars, bowls… get creative, but always have the basics on hand.
Your coffee station should include:
- Coffee machine (duh) or hot water source (like a pot filler or instant hot water faucet)
- Easy access to water
- Coffee beans, pods, or grounds; tea bags, if that’s your thing
- Add-ins of your preference: sugar, sweetener, creamer, milk (if you have refrigerated space), etc.
- Coffee supplies: filters, stirrers, etc.
- Space for mugs and saucers; hanging racks save space
- Biscuits, muffins, scones, or anything else that you typically enjoy with your coffee
What’s your brew?