Herringbone is one of those classics when it comes to flooring patterns in wood, tile, and even carpet. It’s a more classic (and therefore less likely to look dated soon) alternative to trendy chevron, but with a similar appearance and less waste.
(FYI, herringbone consists of rectangles laid on right angles, while a chevron pattern requires cutting the tiles or floorboards to meet end-to-end for a true zigzag.)
So while herringbone is great for flooring…
…it also adds gorgeous visual appeal to other areas of the home.
Try herringbone to pretty up these five places:
1. The fireplace (inside or out)
2. The backsplash; it’s more interesting than the standard bricked or stacked layout without being too different or daring.
3. The feature wall; make a statement!
4. The ceiling; draw the eye up!
5. Furniture; herringbone adds dimension and texture
What’s your favorite pattern?