In the market for a new home? I have just the one to show you! You’ll love it – waterfront property, plenty of living space, heated pool, beautiful details, excellent location, and, best of all, a recently lowered price tag. It’s being sold for the first time since 1904 and includes beautiful original features. Interested? Now all you have to do is fork over $140 million!
That’s right – the price has been reduced! It was formerly $190 million. You’d think that with prices like that it would’ve sold long ago! Now, at a full $50 million less, it should be selling soon, so be sure to get your bid in!
In all seriousness, this beautiful house is way out of most people’s budgets, but it’s still fun to look (and dream!). The home, known as Copper Beech Farm, is situated in sought-after Greenwich, Connecticut and has earned the title of “most expensive home in the US.” I love looking at these homes – they give us a glimpse into the lives of the ultra-privileged.
See what $140 million will buy you:
- 13,519 square feet of living space
- 50.6 acres of waterfront property
- Nearly 1 mile of shore (and breathtaking views of the Long Island Sound)
- Two islands (!)
- 1,800 square-foot driveway
- Carriage house with 6-car garage
- Clock tower
- 3-bedroom cottage
- Grass tennis court
- 75-foot heated pool with hot tub and pool house
- Two greenhouses and walled gardens
- 12 bedrooms (some oval-shaped and/or with ensuite bathrooms)
- 7 full and 2 half bathrooms
- 12-foot ceilings
- Three-story foyer
- Dining room with tracery ceiling and oak paneling
- Library, living room, sitting room, and family room
- Elevator and dumbwaiter
- Wine cellar
- Kitchen with skylight
- Staff wing
- Original farm features and equipment
- Multiple fireplaces and balconies
So what do you think? Is it a bargain? If you had the money, would you buy it?
5,380 total views, 1 views today